Assistant Head Teacher, Banbury Space Studio School,
Hayley is a Physics teacher with a specialism in Astronomy. She was awarded Advanced Skills Teacher status in 2013, for excellence in teaching, and teaches at the Banbury Space Studio School.
Previously Hayley was a teacher at Coopers Technology College in London and the lead teacher responsible for the Malcolm Parry Observatory at The Long Eaton School and led the project in GCSE Astronomy provision, public outreach and creating Astronomy networks with other schools.
"The National Space Academy has been fantastic in helping me to develop new activities for my school. One of the great benefits of the CPD sessions based at the National Space Centre is that you have the opportunity to meet other like minded teachers and scientists to share ideas and develop projects with."
A masterclass or CPD session delivered by Hayley can include:
- Detecting exoplanets
- Rockets and GCSE/A level mechanics
- Tools for teaching GCSE Astronomy
- Practical Astronomy
- Astronomical distances
- 'Astronomical imaging and the life cycle of a star'
More about Hayley:
- Patrick Moore Medal for Education in 2014
- The Malcolm Parry Observatory
- Royal Society Project featuring The Long Eaton School
- This Is Derbyshire article on The Malcolm Parry Observatory
- Derby and District Astronomical Society report on Stargazing Live