Infomation Evening, National Space Centre - Tuesday 4th November 2014
The National Space Academy and Loughborough College are hosting a Space Engineering Information Evening on Tuesday 4th November, 6pm - 8pm, at the National Space Centre, Leicester.
This event will allow you the opportunity to:
- Talk to both Loughborough College and National Space Academy tutors: The tutors will be able to answer any question you may have about the course.
- Talk to the students: Students currently on the course can tell you about their experiences.
- View demonstrations: This will give you the chance to see a tatser session of what is involed within your learning experience.
- Planetarium show: You will get the chance to see one of the National Space Centres award winning planetarium shows in the Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium.
Space Engineering Course
- A level Physics
- A level Mathematics
- BTEC Level 3 in Engineering
September 2012 marked the start of a unique full-time course developed by the National Space Academy and Loughborough College. Combining the academic rigour of traditional A levels in Mathematics and Physics with the hands-on engineering expertise developed during the BTEC Level 3 Engineering qualification, the course enables students to progress directly into higher education courses in physics/engineering or alternatively to directly enter the workforce with a powerful combination of intellectual and hands-on expertise.
Space contexts are used to develop the students' understanding of fundamental concepts and they will have the opportunity to participate in extra masterclasses and lectures delivered by some of the UK's leading space scientists and engineers as well as to take part in work experience placements within UK space companies.
SPACE ENGINEERING INFORMATION