Head of Science, Robert Smyth Academy
Steve Althorpe is Head of Science at Robert Smyth Academy, one of the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (SSAT) Leading Space Education Programme Schools.
Steve and Judith Green have an impressive record of innovation in teaching and learning that has lead directly to deeper student understanding and increased student numbers in science. Judith and Steve were selected to present Teacher Masterclasses at NASA's 2009 Space Exploration Educators Conference at Johnson Space Centre in Texas.
Masterclass or CPD session delivered by Steve can include:
- Spaced Out Spectroscopy: Atomic, UV/Visible, IR, NMR and Mass Spectrometry
- Martian Chemistry: Inorganic and Quantitative Analysis
- Rocket Reactions: Bond Enthalpies, Combustion Reactions and Collision Theory
- Comet Kinetics: Maxwell Boltzmann Distribution and Activation Enthalpy
- The Goldilocks Zone: Indicators and Acid Base Equilibria
More information about Steve:
"Applying to become Lead Educators was one of the best professional decisions I could have made. The position is exciting, demanding and rewarding in equal measures. It's also really cool!"