Principal Teacher of Learning (Physics and Astronomy), Robert Gordon's College, Aberdeen
Tim Browett is a Principal Teacher of Learning (Physics and Astronomy) at Robert Gordon's College, a large independent school in Aberdeen. The Physics department was also one of the early adopters of the new Revised Higher and Revised Advanced Higher.
Tim presents regularly at events organised by the Institute of Physics, he Association for Science Education and the Scottish Schools Education Research Centre. These have ranged from local twilight sessions to residential courses and to Scottish or UK national conferences. He also represented the UK at Science on stage 2011 in Copenhagen. His other activities include involvement with the CERN@School project, membership and presenting with the Aberdeen Astronomical Society and running a hacking/making club for pupils.
A masterclass or CPD session delivered by Tim can include:
- The scale of the Solar System
- Small Solar System Bodies - what they are and why we care
- The Moon - appreciating its beauty and discovering its history
- Investigating Magnetic fields
- Astrophysics for the Higher and Advanced Higher (CfE or Revised)
- Detecting exoplanets (suitable for Researching Physics unit)
- Getting into teaching GCSE Astronomy
- Ideas for using ICT in Science (PC, tablet or Raspberry Pi)
Keep up to date with the National Space Academy - Join our Mailing List